About the Romeo

My photo
This boy in this picture to the left~ Has just gone through O Level's thinking that whatever the outcome will be... will still be on track to achieving his dream...of becoming a Billionaire. If he falls short, he'd still be a Millionaire. Once he's achieved that, he'd buy some of the beautiful cars shown in this blog, he'd build a garage as big...if not bigger than his house...and maybe even build his own car brand(s). I already have two in my mind. Until then...Stop looking at me that way coz you're looking at a Future Billionaire!

About this Blog

Fizu Romeo aims to bring to you interesting stuff about everything which can bring you from point A to Point B and back either on land, sea or air...and maybe Teleportation, if there is such a thing. Mostly though it will be about cars without all the technical stuff thrown in your face! Apart from that, the local Bruneian Agenda in Transportation will also be a focal point. And everything will be laid out in my signature sarcastic point of view~ Enjoy...

Friday 12 December 2008

A Boy in KK and a BND$1: RM$ 2.375/2.38 Exchange Rate

What's a boy to do in Kota Kinabalu when his Bruneian Bucks appear more than twice the value in Malaysian Ringgit?

Of course he spends it!Align Centre
What does a boy like me spend it on?

Hmm~

But first, he has to convert it. I did convert it. I converted BND$ 200 in Brunei to Malaysian ringgit at an exchange rate of 2.38.
Kaching!

RM 476!

Gone within the first night...

Thank Goodness I brought another BND$370 with me.

Rate: 2.375

Kaching!

RM 878.75!

Still it was not enough...

I begged my dad to loan me $200 but he gave me just $130...Brunei Dollars of course.

Rate: 2.375

This was on the second night.

Kaching!

RM 308.75!

The 3rd and last night I finished up the money and there was RM 0.30 left in my wallet.

"Enough to pay for the toilet on the trip back home tomorrow" I thought.

and the thirty cents were gone before I even got near homeland.

"Thank Goodness no Malaysian coins left!"

Total Spent: BND$700/RM 1663.5

Average Exchange rate: 2.376

Not bad considering the rate when I went to KL earlier this year was 2.28

And honestly I bought more stuff in KK with BND $300 less.

"Thank Goodness I didn't have to pay excess baggage this time around"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So~

What did I spend on?

I spent on the usual clothes and stuff and other necessities.

which amounts to 20+ items but far from being the the largest portion of my expenditure.

In fact far from it.

The heftiest price in one receipt goes to two stuff...

and for a Ferrarifan like me I just gotta have it!

A pair of Puma Ferrari shoes, RM498

and my new Puma Ferrari school bag, RM 259.90

Total: RM 757.90.....No Discount

You should've guessed I'd brought something related to cars.
I almost bought a Ferrari F1 remote control car when I decided I was to big for that already.

More Ferrari stuff! Yay! Complementing my other Ferrari Stuff like my two ferrari shirts and my Ferrari Black Perfume...


So I already bought a school bag too...yea...I miss school...not the studying...but the money collecting.

I already have my money-making plans for next year...so watch out~

And to all those who know me... of course I have to set aside some money on something which might make me more money...Right!

I bought this book...(coz of the $ sign)

GOLD $ SIGN...

and on the last night... I spent the last of my RM's on this....

A Monopoly Here & Now: World Edition

and to add to that... its the collector's edition encased in its tin shell.

I only found 5 at Toys R Us in KK and nowhere else. I took one of course.
Haven't seen it here yet.

Apart from being a financial learning tool and a fun game... My new monopoly might just bring me loads of money in 10, 20 years time as it appreciates in value for its rarity...

Price? RM 209.90

and thus the thirty cents left for my toilet trip.


No comments: