About the Romeo

My photo
This boy in this picture to the left~ Has just gone through O Level's thinking that whatever the outcome will be... will still be on track to achieving his dream...of becoming a Billionaire. If he falls short, he'd still be a Millionaire. Once he's achieved that, he'd buy some of the beautiful cars shown in this blog, he'd build a garage as big...if not bigger than his house...and maybe even build his own car brand(s). I already have two in my mind. Until then...Stop looking at me that way coz you're looking at a Future Billionaire!

About this Blog

Fizu Romeo aims to bring to you interesting stuff about everything which can bring you from point A to Point B and back either on land, sea or air...and maybe Teleportation, if there is such a thing. Mostly though it will be about cars without all the technical stuff thrown in your face! Apart from that, the local Bruneian Agenda in Transportation will also be a focal point. And everything will be laid out in my signature sarcastic point of view~ Enjoy...

Friday 12 December 2008

4 Day shopping trip to KK

Three families within our extended family went for a road trip to Kota Kinabalu from the 7th to the 10th of December...

which explains my lack of update~
(I didnt bring along my laptop)

We went there in a convoy of three cars...

and stayed at the Marina Court...
where Bruneians usually seek refuge

They might as well set up a consulate there...
coz there wont be short of Brunei licensed-plated cars there

Our journey there was smooth without a hitch...except at Kuala Lurah prior to exit. The same can't be said on our journey back.

At one point there were only our three cars on a stretch of beautiful mountain road with a magnificent view of valleys and mountains just before entering Sabah...and unfortunately I don't have a picture to show.

Here are some substitutes...



Considering we went on a Sunday...it was weird to see us being the few cars heading to KK. Many instead were going back home...

When we reached there I was just amazed by their rapid development... which would put ours to shame. They even have Suria Sabah an affiliate of Suria KLCC under construction.

Upon arriving we were greeted by the new Airport terminal Building...again putting ours to utter shame...


The old one...

They have a second terminal too...for budget airlines such as Air Asia...

We also drove up newly-built flyovers which in our last trip didnt exist. When was the last time a flyover was built in Brunei?

Then in front of Marina Court...they plan to build an amazing waterfront...judging from the picture I saw and one which I didnt take a picture of...since I was busy counting my RM $$$ and spending it.

We went to 1Borneo and I had a fun time spending my RM $$$ there...whilst also getting my legs and feet sore.

Me, the only male in the middle with my mom & siblings at 1Borneo

Tanjung Aru,

The ghost of Tanjung Aru

My mom & Hannah, and the two vain cousins at the back


We didnt do much sightseeing...just a whole lot of spending

On our way back to Brunei, I took pictures which would further put us Bruneians to shame...

Consider this... Our Labu Temporary Control Post in Labu,


Their control post just across the border, still under construction but already looking good,

Our Kuala Lurah,


Their Tedungan,

And the one which we will say farewell to...


The only thing which will put them to shame is their destruction of greenery as well as that they prefer to build these beautiful control posts instead of a proper Hospital for Limbang...

Just look at our Green Jewel (Temburong)....

I Love Our Temburong. Wish I could live there.

Oh, one more thing... Malaysians suck at driving!!!

Wanna know what I mean? Try driving 20km/h on a country road holding back dozens of cars (mostly Bruneians hurrying to escape the queue for the two Ferries)

Btw...the proud driver (my dad) of the only Nissan Presage in the whole of K.K.

The scenic Bridge in Sarawak

The other (more than) half of my extended family will be going there in the other half of this month...to catch the Malaysian Year End Saving Sale ofcourse. There will be more cars in that convoy.

Next Post: A boy and a BND$1 : RM 2.375/2.38 exchange rate

No comments: